Chez Marianne: "Great Middle Eastern Food" Chez Marianne Tip by mpileggi

Chez Marianne, Paris: 4 reviews and 8 photos

by mpileggi

This place (like l?As du Fallafel) is located right around the corner from where we were staying (32 rue Vieille du Temple). Chez Marianne is a very busy restaurant and has outdoor seating. An enjoyable restaurant, packed with hungry diners. Reservations are not needed.

Favorite Dish: It was drizzling when Louisa and I went there to eat, so we sat inside. We had stopped by the day before to make reservations and the man at the counter said no need to. We arrived and there were just a few empty seats. The restaurant turns their tables quickly, so I understood his comment - people arrived, and left quickly. Chez Marianne serves Middle Eastern and Easter European dishes. Louisa and I ordered mezes (12? per four mezes) to share. Wow, what wonderful food! We had fallafel, Kefte, hummus, sliced pastrami, tarama, feta cheese, grilled eggplant, olive tapenade, eggplant caviar (the waitress added this to our dish by mistake) and bread. Pita bread was extra, but the bread that was served to us was great: rye and a dark pumpernickle type bread. We shared a small bottle of wine. We walked away stuffed! 18? per person. Highly recommended.

Address: 2, rue des Hospitalières-Saint-Gervais - 75004
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Métro : Hôtel de Ville - walk east on rue Rivoli and turn left onto Vieille du Temple; turn right onto rue des Rosier and the restaurant is one block over on the left side.
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Middle Eastern

• Written Aug 24, 2007

“I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett”

Have you been to Paris?