L'As du Falafel: "Fabulous Fallafel!" L'As Du Falafel Tip by mpileggi

L'As Du Falafel, Paris: 8 reviews and 12 photos

Monica & Louisa enjoying the Fallafel Special
by mpileggi

Small hole-in-the wall restaurant with a to-go window. The line is long here for take out. There's seating for about 30 people and the place is always packed!

Favorite Dish: My friend Louisa and I were in Paris May 2006 and for dinner one night we went to L?As du Fallafel. We both ordered their Fallafel Special (6.50?): A large pita bread over stuffed with fallafel, hummus, grilled eggplant, cabbage, radish, tomato, cucumber. On the table was hot sauce, which we added to our sandwich. This was quite filling and so delicious! The hummus was the best I have ever tasted! We shared a small bottle of red wine. Total 15.50? per person. We had a nice list of restaurants to choose from for our time in Paris and we both wish we had returned here for dinner (or lunch) on another day. This is a place I highly recommend and I can't wait to return to Paris to enjoy another Special!

Address: 34 rue des Rosiers
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: In the heart of le Marais (4th arrondissement). Mº St Paul or Hote de Ville. Walk along rue Rivoli and head north on Vieille du Temple. Turn right on rue des Rosier and it will be on the left side down a block or so.
Phone: 01 48 87 63 60
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Middle Eastern
Website: http://www.mangercacher.com/restaurant-cacher/l-as_du_fallafel.php

• Written Aug 24, 2007

Comments

mpileggi

“I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett”

Have you been to Paris?