Na Ni Wa: "Virtual Harajuku Heaven" Na Ni Wa Tip by SwanCarlos

Na Ni Wa, Düsseldorf: 5 reviews and 2 photos

This place is right out of Harauku. Na Ni Wa is slice of Japanese comfort smack dab in J-Town Duesseldorf. The ambience is laid-back, efficient comforting and wooden. Combine this with the delight of watching the chef's cook in the stage-like kitchen. You will realize your greatest treat is however the food. Great and kind service is bountiful as well.

Favorite Dish: Eating Ramen can be transcendent, yet most of the time limited. Whenever I am able to find a new Ramen eatery the first thing I order is either the Shio/Shoyu (Salt/SoySauce) - if available - or the Miso based with Chashu (Roast Pork loin). These are usually the weather bells of whether the place will warrant your return.

The Miso with Chashu did NOT disappoint. The broth was classic in it's simple and light taste. Made from a white miso - yet with what I suspect is a hint of the darker red mixed in - the broth was thick enough to have been a joy on the cold rainy day I dove into the restaurant. The Chashu was however the highlight. Made from a high grade cut of pork the meat was wonderfully cooked to it's pink perfection. I prefer a style of Chashu popular at only a few restaurants that slices the slow cooked loin into thick cuts that fall apart when laced into the soup. But Na Ni Wa's was the best thinly sliced I have had. I would have liked to have had some Togorashi (Spicy Red Pepper Mix) available to spice up the soup, but I think that might have raised the hackles of the chef. I didn't have the Gyoza, but I am looking forward to my return where I will try their Kim-Chi Cha-Han (Fried Rice). They even serve the wonderful local treasure "Alt" beer on tap.

Address: Klosterstraße 68a
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Japanese section of town just N/W of the main station.
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Japanese/Sushi

• Written Aug 22, 2007

Comments

SwanCarlos

“The feet help the mind find were the stomach wants to be.”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Düsseldorf?