"Some of the World's Best Golf Courses" Top 5 Page for this destination Golf Tip by AKtravelers

Golf, Oahu: 4 reviews and 8 photos

A Pebble Beach-like View at Kaneohe Bay

A Pebble Beach-like View at Kaneohe Bay
    by AKtravelers
      Teeing off into a stiff breeze
    by AKtravelers
      A bad day golfing is better than...
    by AKtravelers

Oahu is home of some of the world's best and most beautiful golf courses. I'm not much of a golfer, but their beauty and the nice weather can even tempt me to go out for a round or two. Manyof my friends are serious golfers and they make it a point to play all the courses on the island that they can -- luckily very few are private. Even the best and most challenging, like Luana Hills or Ko'olau (often ranked the hardest course in the U.S. by Golf Magazine) are open to the public.
If you need advice on the best way to package a golf tour, you can let me know and I won't be able to help you out at all -- at least not for a year or two. Even then, my taste in golf course may run different than an actual good golfer, since the cut of the fairway matters little to someone who is rarely there. My golfing resembles more Lewis & Clark than it does Tiger Woods.
Golf can be expensive if you are a tourist -- a round can run over $100 at some of the most popular courses, like at Ko'olina. But if you are from Hawaii with ID, you can play for half price at most places!

Theme: Golfing

• Written Aug 21, 2007

Comments

AKtravelers Used To Live Here!

AKtravelers

“My plan:1. See the world 2. Have a beer”

Have you been to Oahu?