"Some of the World's Best Golf Courses" Top 5 Page for this destination Golf Tip by AKtravelers
Golf, Oahu: 4 reviews and 8 photos
Oahu is home of some of the world's best and most beautiful golf courses. I'm not much of a golfer, but their beauty and the nice weather can even tempt me to go out for a round or two. Manyof my friends are serious golfers and they make it a point to play all the courses on the island that they can -- luckily very few are private. Even the best and most challenging, like Luana Hills or Ko'olau (often ranked the hardest course in the U.S. by Golf Magazine) are open to the public.
If you need advice on the best way to package a golf tour, you can let me know and I won't be able to help you out at all -- at least not for a year or two. Even then, my taste in golf course may run different than an actual good golfer, since the cut of the fairway matters little to someone who is rarely there. My golfing resembles more Lewis & Clark than it does Tiger Woods.
Golf can be expensive if you are a tourist -- a round can run over $100 at some of the most popular courses, like at Ko'olina. But if you are from Hawaii with ID, you can play for half price at most places!
More Sports & Outdoors in Oahu (8)
More Reviews (85)
- See All The Contemporary Museum: Art & a View
- See All friendly Vietnamese-French food in...
- See All Hawaiian Waters Water Park: Why?
- See All Walk to Makapu'u Point: See Whales!
- See All Boom!! Fireworks for New Years!
- See All Introduced Species: A Threat to Hawaii
- See All Red Dirt Will Stain Forever
- See All Shop Like a Local at Aloha Stadium
- Air Travel is Required -- for Now!
- See All THE Hotspot is a Bar in a Mall (Really)
- See All A Refurbished Efficiency Hotel
- It's Hawaii! Bring Beach Stuff!
AKtravelers' Related Pages
Have you been to Oahu?Share Your Travels