"Decent Accommodation in Pisa" Hotel Francesco Tip by sunchasers

Hotel Francesco, Pisa: 303 reviews and 4 photos

This is a pretty decent hotel to stay for a day, maybe two. The rooms are small and fairly spartan in their decor, but it is clean, ideally located and the reception is very friendly. If you get Room 201 or 202, you get a balcony with a partial view of the tower. This is a shared balcony between the two rooms, so if there are groups travelling, I would definitely try to secure these rooms. My only complaint with this place is that the walls are paper thin. You can hear mobile phones ringing or getting text messages from other rooms, it's that bad. Our room (201) was also near a storage closet and throughout the night, the staff were constantly going in to get things and talking rather loudly. I felt it was a bit over-priced for what you get, but given the location and that most accommodation in Pisa was around this price, I don't know if you could really get a better deal. Also, if you book directly off their website, I think you get a better price quote than when you book via other booking services such venere, etc.

Unique Qualities: Proximity to tower, breakfast terrace has tower views.

Getting There: I think Bus Nr. 1 goes down Via Santa Maria, but the bus drivers didn't understand anything, so my advice is to just ask for any bus going to the Leaning Tower and walk from there. You'll have more buses to choose from and will ultimately get to the hotel quicker. I would advise against walking from Central Station..it's a bit far with luggage.

Address: Via Santa Maria 129