"Tea Gardens" Top 5 Page for this destination India Things to Do Tip by Rupanworld

India Things to Do: 1,031 reviews and 1,690 photos

Tea, the divine healer and the miracle drink is something that always comes to your mind when you think of India. For many years now, Assam has been a well known producer of tea. After I came to Germany, I realised how good Assam tea is and I make it sure that I always buy assam tea here so that I don't get into a bad mood after drinking the tea. The tea gardens of Assam are truly beautiful. For us, who have grown up near the tea gardens, the beauty seems to be very usual part of life, both those who have not seen one, must visit a tea plantation area once for the rare feeling of beauty. It is said that Assam produces 400 million kgs of Tea per year. Most of Assams Tea Gardens are located in the Upper Assam and Southern Barak Valley Region. See my Silchar page for details. The rare silence, lush greenery, hills and vales, beautiful old bunglows, tree shades, small streams, everything together make the Assam tea gardens very beautiful. I apologise for the faded colours of my photos (non digital era)

• Updated Feb 26, 2008

Rupanworld Lives Here!

“Memories are like footprints on the sands of time.”

Have you been to India?