"Big Churches - Gesu (1893, 1902)" Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Things to Do Tip by yooperprof
Milwaukee Things to Do: 158 reviews and 206 photos
The Church of the Gesu is a Jesuit-affiliated parish church located in the middle of the Marquette University campus. In keeping with Jesuit tradition, the church maintains a number of outstanding urban outreach programs for Milwaukee's poor. It's also a beautiful building, whose spires (often illuminated at night) add a great deal to the Wisconsin Avenue streetscape. The taller spire stands 180 feet high.
The original architects of the Gesu Church were the firm of H.C. Koch, also responsible for the spendid Milwaukee City Hall, located several blocks to the east.
Address: 1145 W. Wisconsin Ave., just to the west of I-43
More Things to Do in Milwaukee (11)
More Reviews (90)
- See All Boutique Hotel with Youthful Zest
- See All New coffee location in the Fifth Ward
- See All Renaissance Books: A Mitchell Airport...
- See All John Plankinton Sculpture in the...
- See All It's helpful to have a downtown mall
yooperprof's Related Pages
Have you been to Milwaukee?Share Your Travels