"The Miller Mansion (1885)" Top 5 Page for this destination Milwaukee Favorite Tip by yooperprof
Milwaukee General: 58 reviews and 59 photos
Favorite thing: It's not associated with the "beer" Millers, but there's still an interesting story behind this East Side mansion (at 1060 E. Juneau, just off Prospect).
It was built in 1885 for Milwaukee department store owner Timothy Chapman, and stayed in the family for almost a century. His granddaughter, Isabelle Miller, was born in this house in 1891, and lived here for her entire 91 years, in 1980 dying in the same bed in which she was born.
It's a fine piece of Victorian domestic architecture - designed by August Fiedler, of Chicago.
More General in Milwaukee (33)
More Reviews (68)
- See All Boutique Hotel with Youthful Zest
- See All Charles Allis Museum
- See All New coffee location in the Fifth Ward
- See All Renaissance Books: A Mitchell Airport...
- See All It's helpful to have a downtown mall
yooperprof's Related Pages
Have you been to Milwaukee?Share Your Travels