"osoyoos,b.c. seadoo rental @ starlite marina" Osoyoos Warnings Or Dangers Tip by rasween

Osoyoos Warnings and Dangers: 2 reviews and 0 photos

beware of renting any boats or seadoos from the holiday inn (starlite marina) janet brogan is manager. took my visa imprint . i brought seadoo back early was running rough. then they took seadoo out of the lake. her young apprentice mechanic told her the seadoo had "milfoil" around the impeller housing " which came out of the middle of the lake. next she had him take the housing off the impeller and told me i had sucked up rocks from the lake and "chipped up the impeller" not... then she billed my visa inprint $ 99.00 for 2 hour rental plus gas used. "plus a charge of $435.00 for a "new" impeller.... i ask for the damaged impeller and a written parts invoice she told me her mechanic did not have the tools to take it apart...? but she would ship them "both collect" via greyhound bus to the nearest depo at the coast where i live in surrey,b.c. so i am now fighting the damage charge in question with visa.. tourist going to osoyoos, b.c. canada " beware of the "holiday inn "nervinder verk owner. and starlite marina ( janet brogan) the manager there. "unhappy summer tourist" to osoyoos , august 2007. .........will never go back . questionable .merchants...

• Updated Aug 23, 2007

• briantravelman's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't rent anything there. My cousin wanted to rent a jetski or boat, and the lady wanted a $700 deposit on the jet ski, and a $3,000 deposit on the boat. We didn't even have that much money.

I don't see how this was your fault, but when you rent something and it breaks, you are held responsible, and there is always a risk. That's why I limit my rentals to bicycles, and kayaks.

Ranked Member

Have you been to Osoyoos?