Cafe Descartes [Lincoln Square]: "Great Possibilities" Top 5 Page for this destination Cafe Descartes Tip by deecat

Cafe Descartes, Chicago: 4 reviews and 13 photos

Nice Environment inside Cafe Descartes
      Nice Environment inside Cafe Descartes
      Inside Cafe Descartes
      Outside View of Cafe Descartes
    by deecat

After walking all around Andersonville, Mickey and I moved on to Lincoln Square.
It was afternoon, the sun was out, we were in need of a drink, so we decided to stop at a rather new addition to Lincoln Square...a coffee shop called Cafe Descartes. It looked inviting. The interior is quite cozy as you can see from photographs #1 and 2.

The man at the counter was having trouble with the tape on the cash register so the girl [who I assume was a trainee] waited on us.

We order Two Medium moca latte's over ice. It was obvious that the girl had never made one before. The man at the register was quite patient and helped her step-by-step.

The drinks were quite strong, and we both had to add sugar and cream. After that, we agreed that they were quite good.

The place was quiet and comfortable and did not have much business. Curious about that, when I returned home, I looked Cafe Descartes [Lincoln Square] up on the "net". Evidently, many people do not like the place because of poor service. Our service was fine.

Favorite Dish: Cafe Descartes is well known for its Signature Drink called "The Oatmeal Latte" which is a breakfast concoction that blends a shot of fresh roasted espresso with oatmeal, raisins, walnuts, almonds, cinnamon, honey, milk, and blueberries! The next time I go to Lincoln Square [if the place is still open], I plan to try this Oatmeal Latte.

Address: 4771 N. Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 773-561-6525
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 3
Theme: Coffeehouse

• Updated Aug 15, 2007

deecat Lives Here!

Have you been to Chicago?