"Take BTS & boat to the temples" Canal & River Boats Tip by stamporama
Canal & River Boats, Bangkok: 37 reviews and 96 photos
To get to Wat Po (reclining Buddha) and Wat Phra Kaew (Emerald Buddha and Grand Palace) temples on your own without using a cab, tuktuk or going through traffic, take the BTS and Chao Phraya river boats. Here are the steps:
1) from the Siam Center station, take the BTS line that goes to Saphan Taksin which is the terminal station (cost: 30 baht).
2) get down the stairs to the Chao Phraya boat station/pier.
3) wait for the long boat that takes in all commuters, including locals. Other boats stop here too, like those ran by hotels along the river banks, so know what you're boarding on.
4) on the boat, a conductress goes around selling tickets. She is the one rattling a metal cylinder that contains the coins and tickets. Tell her where you're going and you pay up (cost: 13 baht to either temple).
5) For Wat Po, get off at Tha Tien. For the Grand Palace, get off at Tha Chang. The 2 are just next to each other.
6) For the return trip, just reverse the sequence.
More Transportation in Bangkok (3)
More Reviews (9)
stamporama's Related Pages
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels