Pizzeria Uno/Pizzeria Due: "A New Look at Pizzeria Due" Top 5 Page for this destination Pizzeria Uno/Pizzeria Due Tip by deecat

Pizzeria Uno/Pizzeria Due, Chicago: 31 reviews and 30 photos

Slice of Pizzeria Due Pizza
      Slice of Pizzeria Due Pizza
      Pizzeria Due in Chicago
    by deecat

Allan and I have eaten at both Pizzeria Due and Pizzeria Uno for 40 years. It used to be our favorite pizza in a long list of great pizza establishments in Chicago. On Thursday, August 9, 2007, we walked to Wabash and Ontario to eat at Pizzeria Due. It was such a disappointment. Of of all, you go inside and place your order. The pizza takes 45 minutes so you have to pre-order. It's always jam-packed; thus, there is a long wait. We sat outside on a bench and watched the people and cars. We were called about 35 minutes later and taken into the room with the large bar. We were seated at one of those uncomfortable high round tables. This one was especially small and wobbly. We ordered drinks and a house salad to split. The salad came in one dish so we had to eat out of one dish. The salad was not fresh. I just ate a few bites. Allan was hungry so he finished it off but agreed that it was less than mediocre.

Once our pizza came, [we ordered a medium pepperoni deep dish], I was famished. Because the table was so wobbly, every time either of us cut the pizza, it seemed as though everything would fall off the table.

The pizza was good but not good enough to have to go through that ordeal again.

Favorite Dish: Pizzeria Due serves appetizers such as soup, garlic bread, veggie dip, and buffalo wings. They offer salads such as Caesar and Spinach as well as house salad. They offer only two kinds of pasta: Pomodoro [Penne with meatless marinara sauce] and Spaghetti [with meatballs].

Sandwiches consist of Italian Beef, Meatball, Italian Beef and Sausage Combo. They do offer Desserts such as spumoni ice cream, Chicago cheesecake, a brownie bowl, an Uno Deep Dish Sundae, and Mega-sized Deep Dish Sundaes.. I cannot believe I've never tried one of their desserts, but after pizza, I'm too full to try one.

Address: 619 N. Wabash
Theme: Pizza
Website: http://www.pizzeriauno.com/

• Written Aug 12, 2007

deecat Lives Here!

Have you been to Chicago?