"Hailuo Gou-a glacier" Ganzi Things to Do Tip by jasmine_ding

Glacier
  • Hailuo Gou-a glacier - Ganzi
      Ice cave
    by jasmine_ding

Hailuo Gou (gou means valley in Chinese) is 50 KMs away from Kangding, 319 KMs from Chengdu. I didn?t put it into my travel plan until I knew from other travelers that Mugecuo Grassland (near Kangding) was closed. Again, a destroyed road ruined my perfect plan. Anyway, I hadn?t seen a glacier, so, I decided to go to Hailuo Gou.

Depart at 7:00 Am from Kangding, We arrived at Hailuo Gou at 9:10 Am. The ticket was expensive: 72+60 RMB. The service was bad; actually I should say there was no service. Luggage fee was 5~10 RMB. The guide on the tour bus didn?t offer any useful information except for persuading people to take cable cars (another 130 RMB). When I heard that she said there were monkeys, wild boars and RHINOCEROS in the mountains, I couldn?t believe my ears.

After over an hour driving, we stopped at the last stop. Refusing to take cable cars, we walked on a path to approach to the glacier. ( In such a cloudy day, travelers could see noting when they arrived at the destination by cable cars. And they couldn?t approach to the glacier.) Just 40 minutes, we stood on the glacier. We found some new ice caves. It was cloudy, a snow mountain just showed its face to us for a minute. We didn?t see Gongga Snow Mountain, which was named the king of Sichuan?s mountains. In sunny days, travelers can see it.

We left Hailuo Gou at 4:00 Pm.

Address: Mosi Town (Near Luding city)
Directions: 50 KMs away from Kangding, 319 KMs from Chengdu

• Written Aug 11, 2007

Comments

jasmine_ding

“free as a cloud in the blue sky”

Have you been to Ganzi?