"It was an okay stay..." Holiday Inn Express And Suites Mccall Tip by allieev

Holiday Inn Express And Suites Mccall, McCall: 152 reviews and 0 photos

Our stay at the McCall Holiday Inn Express-The Hunt Lodge (as it's called now) was okay. On a scale of -5 (being the worst ever) and +5 (being the best ever), I would rate it a zero, not bad but not great.

The front and sides of the building are beautiful. It looks as if you'll be staying at a luxurios rustic mansion cabin. 4 star looking from those views. When you get to the back of the building it's another story. Since the parking is limited, you'll be forced to park in back at some point. When I drove to the back, I amusingly found "Trailer Park City" and I don't mean the RV kind. I can only guess they ran out of money and will get to the back before winter.

My room was very spacious and the furnishings were elegant. The faux feather comforter was a nice touch and warm on my king size bed. I must say the bath towels were amazing. It's rare to find a bath towel larger and more absorbent then a paper towel. I've only found them in the 5 star hotels I've stayed at. I loved the bath towels! I could hear everything going on, outside and inside. I could hear the outside door shutting and I was five rooms away. I could hear the conversations going on everywhere.

For the price, it's not a bad place to stay. I was expecting more from what I read in the travel brochures, but it wasn't bad. I don't feel it was so nice, as to not allow animals though. I've been able to take my pet to other, much nicer places then this one. They might want to rethink their pet policy. The back is a perfect place for a pet bathroom.

Address: 210 NORTH 3RD, Mccall, ID 83638
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +1 208-634-4700
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.thehuntlodge.com/

• Written Aug 8, 2007

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.