"Criminality" Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Pieter11

Ghana Warnings and Dangers: 61 reviews and 48 photos

Friends, no enemies to watch out for...
by Pieter11

I often read and hear stories about "that you have to be careful in Ghana". Everybody is strongly advised to be very careful in busy or dark places; for robberies, pick-pocketing, violence and all other kinds of drama.

I stayed in Ghana for 2,5 months and in this period I visited a lot of busy places and I walked alone in the streets at night in major cities like Accra, Kumasi, Tamale and Cape Coast. I don't know what more I should have done to get in dangerous or threatening situations, but I experienced nothing like that.

The Ghanaian people are friendly people and are sincerely interested in the visitors in their country. And according to my experiences, that doesn't change when it gets darker, when it becomes crowdy or the you walk alone in a desolate place.

Of course it is wise not to walk around showing off expensive things and of course you'd better stay away from poor area's in the middle of the night, but there is absolutely no need to scare yourself because of all the stories you hear here and there.

• Written Aug 8, 2007

More Warnings and Dangers in Ghana (1)

Comments

Pieter11 Used To Live Here!

Pieter11

“So much of who we are is where we have been”

Have you been to Ghana?