Saltgrass Steakhouse: "Best Steak Around These Parts" Saltgrass Steak House Tip by msbrandysue

Saltgrass Steak House, Austin: 1 reviews and 0 photos

When Saltgrass first started expanding their franchises I hated steak. Yea, yea, I wasn't even a teenager though. So I started with the kids menu and have worked myself up to the best steak in the place.

The restaurant is authentic country Texas. The decor ranges from televisions with the game on, deer heads, bear heads, license plates and other country decor. They have a full bar and eating area. The tables are covered in white linens and the waitors wear tuxedo shirts and long white aprons.

I recently went here for my birthday lunch and was surprised to have been given a black napkin and silverware. I think the waitress saw the confusion on my face and said that I was given the black one because my dress pants were black and it was to protect them. Isn't that wonderful? I thought it was very thoughtful of them.

There is also another restaurant in Round Rock, just north of Austin.

Pictures to come soon...

Favorite Dish: The food is delicious!! I would highly recommend the Maudene's Filet. 7oz. is more than enough for me but I believe there is a 10oz. cut as well. It comes with your choice of side (potatoes a few different ways or veggies) along with onion rings on the side. It's soooooo good!!!! When you order a steak you also get a choice of soup or salad. Both are delicious.

You get complimentary bread with fantastic tasting butter. So great.

When you order tea they bring out your own jar of tea so that you can refill your own glasses. My dad likes that.

Address: 10614 Research Blvd
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: It is on the southbound side of 183 jsut north of the Arboretum
Phone: 512/340-0040
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Steakhouse

• Written Jul 31, 2007

msbrandysue Visits Here Frequently!

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Have you been to Austin?