Saltgrass Steakhouse: "Great Steaks" Golden Nugget Hotel Tip by msbrandysue

Golden Nugget Hotel, Las Vegas: 4 reviews and 3 photos

When Saltgrass first started expanding their franchises I hated steak. Yea, yea, I wasn't even a teenager though. So I started with the kids menu and have worked myself up to the best steak in the place.

The restaurant is authentic country. The decor ranges from televisions with the game on, deer heads, bear heads, license plates and other country decor. They have a full bar and eating area. The tables are covered in white linens and the waitors wear tuxedo shirts and long white aprons.

I recently went here for my birthday lunch and was surprised to have been given a black napkin and silverware. I think the waitress saw the confusion on my face and said that I was given the black one because my dress pants were black and it was to protect them. Isn't that wonderful? I thought it was very thoughtful of them.

Although steakhouses in Vegas can be outrageously priced you will get an acceptable price here.

Pictures to come soon...

Favorite Dish: The food is delicious!! I would highly recommend the Maudene's Filet. 7oz. is more than enough for me but I believe there is a 10oz. cut as well. It comes with your choice of side (potatoes a few different ways or veggies) along with onion rings on the side. It's soooooo good!!!! When you order a steak you also get a choice of soup or salad. Both are delicious.

You get complimentary bread with fantastic tasting butter. So great.

When you order tea they bring out your own jar of tea so that you can refill your own glasses. My dad likes that.

Address: 2300 South Casino Drive
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: In the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino
Phone: 702/298-7153
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 5
Theme: Steakhouse

• Written Jul 31, 2007

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Have you been to Las Vegas?