"Bird watching from Marina East Dirt Track" Singapore Off The Beaten Path Tip by Bonobo2005

Singapore Off The Beaten Path: 432 reviews and 573 photos

Geylang Park Connector / Marina East extension (9)

I had a better look at my map and noticed a grey line (that means ?proposed road?) with the text ?Marina Coastal Express Way?. I wondered if the dirt track that I was now walking on, was the predecessor of a major future Expressway? At least it took the same route, following the boundaries of the Marina Bay Golf Course.

Continuing my way, I realized that Marina East had been an inaccessible grass-and wetland area for about 30 years. The Golf Course opened just in recent years, and the wilderness, mostly wetland, that caught my eye from the road did really excite me. It?s still a haven for birds. I spotted several colorful birds that I couldn?t name, and for the first time in my life I saw two beautiful woodpeckers live at work at a tree trunk. They made my day!

Towards the end of the Golf Course, take the turn right and within 15 minutes you?ll join the jogging trail of the most Western part of East Coast Park, section A.

• Written Jul 30, 2007

Bonobo2005 Used To Live Here!

Have you been to Singapore?