"Bullwackers - Cannery Row" Top 5 Page for this destination Live Music Tip by Ewingjr98
Live Music, Monterey: 20 reviews and 52 photos
I've only been to Bullwackers a few times for the nightlife, so my review might be a little different than others... But this place had a live band and tons of old people out dancing like old people do. They have a nice outdoor bar and patio with several gas fires and an outdoor stage, all of which was very nice, but the bar was packed full of drunk old cougars and cowboys looking to rope a cougar. One lady was falling out of her dress as she fell off her stool, while two cowboys were fondling her up and down. Meanwhile, some kids are sitting nearby having dinner and watching intently. Not a place I'll frequent, and not a place you should take your kids after about 7pm.
I returned in May 2008 to see the Band of Ninjas play, and the crowd was much younger and more fun. Like the Mucky Duck downtown, the huge outdoor seating area is very popular and fun. Unlike the Mucky Duck, Bullwackers has bands at night instead of the late afternoon, so they can play until almost midnight.
Address: 653 Cannery Row • Monterey
Theme: Live Music
More Nightlife in Monterey (23)
More Reviews (221)
- See All Visitors Center & Old French...
- See All Siamese Bay Thai (Webster Street) - Old...
- See All Cherry's Jubilee
- See All Haunted Monterey
- See All El Estero Park
- See All Old Monterey Railroad Station
- See All Used books and records in New Monterey
- See All Dirt Track Racing at Watsonville's Ocean...
- See All InterContinental The Clement - Cannery...
- See All Storms and big waves
- See All The Monterey Bay Aquarium on Summer...
- Monterey Weather
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Monterey?Share Your Travels