"General food tips" Top 5 Page for this destination Tanzania Restaurant Tip by grets

Tanzania Restaurants: 42 reviews and 53 photos

Most people don?t go on a safari for a gourmet experience, but you might as well have food you enjoy. Most safari companies provide you will full board: that is breakfast, lunch and dinner. Lunch is often taken as a picnic whilst on a safari drive. You should also be able to arrange with your driver to take breakfast this way too, so that you can set off early and stay out all day. Otherwise, what often happens is that you go off for a game drive at first light (or even before dawn) after a cup of coffee (and a biscuit if you are lucky) and come back for a later breakfast. The only problem I find with this is that I get very hungry if I don?t eat a proper breakfast within an hour or two after getting up, so I tend to take with me some cereal bars or other snack bars from home. That way I can keep the hunger at bay until brunch.

Favorite Dish: Our breakfast picnic consisted of fresh fruit, a bread roll, boiled egg, sausages, and orange juice. The lunch picnic was more or less the same, but often included a piece of cooked chicken, sandwiches and a cake or chocolate.

Rating: 0
Theme: Other

• Updated Jul 30, 2007

“If you keep your face to the sunshine, you cannot see the shadows”

Have you been to Tanzania?