Dallas BBQ: "Texas Size BBQ - First Meal In New York" Dallas BBQ Tip by Mikebb

Dallas BBQ, New York City: 8 reviews and 6 photos

Texas size meals
by Mikebb

Arriving in New York City late afternoon and settled into our accommodation it was soon close to 8 pm and we needed a good meal. We walked along 23rd Street for a block or two and saw the BBQ sign, plenty of people inside so we thought it would be a good place to eat. Inside it was a large restaurant, full bar and extensive menu, a trifle noisy but we were happy.
The first thing I noticed was how good the service was, our waiter explained the menu and promptly looked after our drink order. The second thing that came to my attention was the huge size of the meals delivered to adjoining tables.

Jill ordered a Ceasar Salad for main and was pleased with the amount of chicken, cost US$ 8 plus tax, I had a large burger with onion, salad and baked potato $8. We ordered coffee and when finished they refilled free of charge. A very nice way to start our week in New York City.
Not fine dining but good quality food and service. My first experience of the tipping system.

Address: Cnr. 23rd Street & 8th Avenue
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Bronx, Brooklyn, Chelsea Co-0p City, East Vilage, Nostrand Ave. Queens,. Times Square, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Washington Heights.
Phone: (212) 221-9000
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: American
Website: http://dallasbbq.com/

• Updated Jul 28, 2007

Comments

Mikebb

“Enjoy every sight, every day”

Have you been to New York City?