St. Elmo's Steak House: "The place to eat in Indy" St. Elmo's Steak House Tip by TRimer

St. Elmo's Steak House, Indianapolis: 7 reviews and 5 photos

I was just at St. Elmo's last night after the RCA Tennis Championship. We arrived almost at closing but they seated us (a party of 10) as though it were much earlier in the evening. Now I myself don't like eating a 10 oz or 14 oz steak at 10 in the evening- but it did not seem to bother my colleagues who not only eat steaks but had the shrimp appetizer (your mouth will be on fire- but a must), the wedge salads, steaks and espressos. We also sampled a few (ok many) bottles from the amazing wine list (noted by Wine Spectator). One of my fellow diners was amazed that they had an entire page of pinot noirs.

Our waiter told us that there are 5 dining rooms. The service was wonderful! Be sure to make a reservation - especially during peak hours and race days.

Favorite Dish: The menu is one page- and consists of a few steak choices- filet, tbone, etc. in a couple of sizes (10 oz, 14 oz). They also have some seafood appetizers (they are famous for their shrimp cocktail) as well as some seafood entrees. I also noted one chicken offering. They have a number of salads- house, wedge and tomato for those who want some green with their meat!

Definately go on an expense account as a meal is quite pricey.

Address: 127 South Illinois Street
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: Next to the Canterbury Hotel and across from Ram. Downtown.
Phone: 13176350636