"Monorail" Monorails / Train Tip by Dabs

Monorails / Train, Las Vegas: 58 reviews and 62 photos

When I asked at the information desk about the best way for me to get around Las Vegas with my rather cumbersome aircast, they suggested the monorail which goes more or less from one end of the strip to the other. I picked it up at the MGM Grand, from where the shuttle dropped me off it was just a short walk. I took it all the way to the end of the line at the Sahara and then stayed on to go back to Harrah's. Which casinos/attractions are closest to which station is well marked inside the cars.

Although they seem to tout it as a benefit, the monorail runs on the backside of the resorts which is great if you want to walk through the entire resort, not so great if you are limping in an aircast and just want to get to the street side. The stop at Bally's seemed to be particularly far away from the street side but I guess at least it's air conditioned!

You can buy a single ride for $5, if you just want to have a look at the resorts from the monorail there is no need to get off the monorail to make the return trip. An all day pass was $9, same as two rides. You can buy the pass from right outside the monorail stations.

Type: Train
Website: http://www.lvmonorail.com/

• Updated Jul 31, 2007

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Las Vegas?