"Siem Reap Driver (Charlie) - Part 2" Phumi Siem Reab Transportation Tip by LoveBeLL

Phumi Siem Reab Transportation: 66 reviews and 75 photos

Continue from Siem Reap Driver - Part 1 ...

On the 4th day morning, after we got into the car, Charlie sprang another "surprise" on us. He again mentioned the US$5/person and said that the 3rd day would cost us US$40 and that the 4th day since we're heading way out to Beng Mealea (about an hour's drive away), it will cost us US$50 for that day. We were totally shocked and felt victimized as we were left with no choice since he told us so last minute. We decided we didn't want to argue with him first since we were all girls and he could jolly well take us somewhere and left us stranded or worse cause harm to us. So we just kept quiet.

On the way back from Beng Mealea to the hotel, he started tell us things about his family and himself that we felt contradicted with what he had initially told us when we first met him. We had already started not trusting him and with what he was telling us, whatever little trust was left was gone.

When we reached the hotel, Charlie gave us another "surprise". He informed us that on the 1st day when after he picked my friend and me up from the bus station, he had brought us to catch the sunset, that trip was going to cost us US$10. My friend and I were very shocked to hear that as he didn't mention it at all and now on the very last night, he said we had to pay. The worst thing was the whole thing was less than 2hrs and he had left us early because he had to go to his friend's wedding. He had dropped us off on Sivatha Blvd and told us to go look around for dinner and walk back to our hotel. We had just arrived less than 4hrs before from Phnom Penh and was not familiar with Siem Reap yet. My friend had complained about it and I had actually told her it's okay as we didn't really requested that he bring us around for that evening and didn't officially "book" him.

Continue with Part 3 ...

Type: Car/Motor Home

• Written Jul 25, 2007

“So many places, so little time, not enuff money!!!”

Have you been to Phumi Siem Reab?