Tangawizi: "Tangawizi - Awesome Indian" Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Restaurant Tip by sue_stone

Richmond Restaurants: 93 reviews and 292 photos

• Tangawizi - Awesome Indian - Richmond
  • starters - Richmond
      Too much food!
  • Tangawizi - Richmond
    by sue_stone

Tangawizi is a small Indian restaurant located in East Twickenham, just over the bridge from Richmond. As a rule I don't eat Indian food - not that I don't like it, but because is doesn't agree with my delicate constitution. However, after reading a rave review by a professional reviewer that I have met (who said it is one of the best Indian restaurants in London at the moment) I decided to give it a try. Oh, and did I mention that living only a ten minute walk away made it too hard to resist.

Set in a small, narrow restaurant, Tangawizi is kind of dark and very purple. We were given a table at the front of the restaurant, so we "wouldn't be disturbed by the large group" at the rear. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful - can't remember the last time I had such lovely service. We felt so welcome?.ok, I know that is not as important as the food, but it helps to make the meal an even more enjoyable experience.

Favorite Dish: To start, we enjoyed the complimentary papadams, which we dipped in a sweet mango chutney. Then we moved onto the Tangawizi aaron platter - which included a selection of tasty treats such as chicken tikka, juicy lamb chops, tiger prawns, paneer tikka, seekh kebab and chowk ki tikki.

We then shared a Koli curry (mild chicken and coconut curry) with some basmati rice, and side dishes of Saag paneer (soft cottage cheese with spinach) and Dal makhani (urad dal and red kidney beans cooked with cumin seeds). And of course some Naan bread to help mop up that delicious coconuty sauce. I loved every dish we had, though the Dal makhani was particularly special.

Serving sizes were generous and we had ordered way too much - no problem, the wonderful staff just packaged up the left-overs for us to take home.

Address: 406 Richmond Road, East Twickenham TW1 2EB

Website: http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/reviews/7888.html

Review Helpfulness: 5 out of 5 stars

• Written Jul 25, 2007

sue_stone Lives Here!

Have you been to Richmond?