"Thai Green Curry-Very Spicy!" Local Food Tip by machomikemd
Local Food, Bangkok: 19 reviews and 58 photos
In Thai cuisine green curry is one of the spicier variations of curry (the spiciest is the southern thailand favorite the indian inspired massaman red curry!). The thickness of the sauce varies with the amount of coconut milk used. The main ingredients are coconut milk, green curry paste, eggplant, sugar, fish sauce, kaffir lime leaves and thai basil leaves. Thai curries are names from their color, not for the spiciness. The paste is briefly fried in a wok and coconut milk is added, then the meat and vegetables added along with a pinch of brown sugar. Finally, kaffir lime leaves and thai basil are added just at the end of cooking for fragrance.
Thai green curry can be made with meat, chicken, fish or vegetables and is usually eaten as an accompaniment to rice or round rice noodles known as "khanom jeen".
Also Available in Packs like in the picture, Available at Foodland Supermarkets and other Supermarkets like in tesco or Big C and at the 7-11 stores or family mart stores in Bangkok for 18 Baht (0.620 USD) a pack!
More Reviews (270)
- See All Located near the Grand Palace
- See All Thai Snacks
- See All Valrhona Chocolates
- See All Lots of Come Ons at Pantip Plaza
- See All Thai Barbecues and Grilled Street Foods
- See All Silom Plaza
- See All Located in Center of Ratchprasong...
- See All Dusit Leather Company
- Gems Gallery International
- See All Chao Phraya River Cruises
- See All Bring a multi purpose camera
Been to Bangkok?Share your travels with the world!
machomikemd's Related Pages
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels