"Roach Motel" Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando North Tip by takonthekid

Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando North, Altamonte Springs: 1,005 reviews and 1 photos

One of the roaches I killed at this hotel
by takonthekid

First lets start by saying that my stay was terrible. This hotel was infested with flying roaches. I have never seen one of these things until I visited the Embassy Suites Orlando North. My girlfriend and I were on vacation and they decided to vacation with us in our room on our second night there. I spotted the first roach on a pillow next to her head while she was taking a nap. We immediately informed the hotel manager and they moved us to another room. Prior to moving us the the night manager stated that "We have them here" refering to these disgusting vermon. As we moved to the next room we thought to ourselves does here mean...in Florida or in the Embassy Suites? We would soon find out. The next room we moved to had cleanliness issues and it seemed as if someone had just checked out of it. The hotel then proceeded to move us up the hall to another room. Here we experienced yet Another one of these flying roaches on the very last night of our vacation and my birthday in the MIDDLE OF A ROMANTIC ENCOUNTER!. Needless to say neither of us were pleased and demanded that something be done. The person that I spoke to the second time at the front desk acted as if it was not a big deal and all they could do was move us to a smoking king suite. After telling him this was not acceptable due to my girlfriends allergies he brushed me off. I then asked to speak to the same manager that transferred us in the beginning. Of course she was able to miraculously pull some strings and find another room for us. We were forced to pack all of our things for the third time and move to this room at about 2:00am in the morning. The underlying major issue here is that this hotel attempted to belittle our complaint and brush it off as if these "Palmetto bugs" are uncontrollable and worse tollerable.
(more in next section)

Unique Qualities: Once we left the hotel I got in touch with the assistant general manager and he insists that these "Palmetto Bugs" are not a big deal and that a free night refund is more than sufficient for our trouble. However, our vacation was ruined due to the fact that these "vermon" were not listed on the amenities list on the hotel website. We believe that if this hotel was concerned about true customer service they would do more to correct this issue. This review is to warn all consumers that this hotel HAS and ACCEPTS the fact that they have flying roaches. If you are not into getting into your bed and being welcomed by Papa roach please do not stay at the roach motel.

Address: 225 E Altamonte Dr, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: +1 800-362-2779
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/MCOSPES-Embassy-Suites-Orlando-North-Florida/index.do

• Written Jul 20, 2007

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Altamonte Springs?