"Indian Summer (Olivier St) - Near Fishermans Wharf" Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Restaurant Tip by Ewingjr98

Monterey Restaurants: 207 reviews and 387 photos

Inside Indian Summer after closing
      Inside Indian Summer after closing
      Outside Indian Summer
      Indian Summer patio area
    by Ewingjr98

I had been wanting to try Indian Summer for awhile, not that I'd heard anything about the food, rather because they have a great outdoor dining area. We finally got to go in mid-July 2007. Before beginning the trek, I pulled up some reviews that generally said this place was more of a bar than a restaurant, but that the food was OK. We arrived way later than expected around 9:20pm) and were surprised they were still serving food. The outdoor area was very busy, but no one was eating or drinking, rather they were all smoking hookah pipes and chatting. Our visit began poorly when the waiter took 20 minutes or longer to even come to our table the first time, but we decided to stick it out and get drinks and dinner.

I had the chicken vandaloo which was around $13 until you added rice, salad, and naan for an additional $3.50. When ordering the waiter asked for our request for the hotness/spiciness of the food on a scale of one to five...my request for a four was perhaps a little too much, but it was still good. Overall the food was tasty, but no comparison to Ambrosia, Monterey's best Indian restaurant.

Their website currently has a 15 percent off coupon, so print that off to save a little on your meal.

Address: 220 Olivier St, Monterey, CA 93940
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Near the back of the Portola Plaza Hotel just around the corner from Custom House Plaza
Phone: (831) 372-4744
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 3
Theme: Indian
Website: http://www.indiansummerca.com/

• Updated Jul 30, 2007

“"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~ Ernest Hemingway”

Have you been to Monterey?