Famous Dave's: "Barbeque (Naturally)" Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Restaurant Tip by Seabiscuit

Rochester Restaurants: 26 reviews and 7 photos

Kinda Kitchy
by Seabiscuit

I went to this restaurant for a shop (Mystery Shopper) and took a co-worker with. As I had never been to a Famous Dave's, I didn't know what to expect. The staff were impressive! Not 'impressive' as an Applebee's or other 'in-your-face' restaurants, but genuinely nice. The interior is a bit cheesy, but the food smelled great.

Favorite Dish: I had the barbecue Short Ribs (3 itty bitty ribs), with a particularly good potato salad, corn on the cob, and a cornbread muffin. The ribs were fantastic, and the muffin was superb. It had the little bits of corn that is quite rare in cornbread.

My dining accomplice had the Famous Barbecue Burger (I must only hang around People that eat hamburgers!), that came with a jalapeƱo pickle (wasn't expecting that). Thick sliced fries/chips on the side. She said it was perhaps the best burger in Rochester.

I think I had about a half gallon of lemonade and she had a half gallon of Sierra Mist. The server kept bringing many glasses.

Address: 431 16th AVE NW Rochester, MN 55902
Comparison: about average
Directions: Just off highway 52 at 2nd AV NW (West side)
Phone: 507.282.4200
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Barbecue
Website: http://www.famousdaves.com

• Written Jul 18, 2007

More Restaurants in Rochester (1)

Comments

Seabiscuit Used To Live Here!

Seabiscuit

“It's Not How Far You Run, It's What You're Running From.”

Have you been to Rochester?