"Good Location" Top 5 Page for this destination Hotel Furst Metternich Tip by longsanborn
Hotel Furst Metternich, Vienna: 334 reviews and 1 photos
I visited this hotel when a friend came to Vienna and she stayed here. This hotel is centrally located, next to Mariahilferstrasse, Vienna´s longest shopping street and close to the main attractions of the city.
This Hotel is located in a lovely Viennese-style building with high ceilings, columns and sort of grand entrance.
Unique Qualities: The hotel has a lift, which is good for those with heavy luggage. However, the lift stops between floors, which means you have to drag your luggage over one flight of stairs going towards your room.
The room was simple but small-size, with a wardrobe, a cheap TV, table and 2 chairs. The bathroom was also small but looked OK. The carpet was thin, really ugly and looked kind of dirty. The room didnot have air-conditioning or fans, but it has windows which can be opened during the warm summer days/nights. Therefore, don't stay here during the summer months.
Despite all these drawbacks, the Hotel is very conveniently located near the underground/ metro # U3, which leads directly to the city centre; it's also close to the Westbahnhof (West Train Station); it's close to nightspots/pubs/bars, restaurants, hotdog stalls, fast food eateries (McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken), supermarkets, shops, etc.
Address: Esterhazygasse 33, 1060 Vienna
Directions: Take the U3 to Zieglergasse and walk towards Esterhazy-gasse.
Phone: +43 4315 8870
More Hotels in Vienna (9)
More Reviews (163)
- See All Italian from Naples
- See All Mozart Balls (Not what you think)
- See All Route change in Tram No. 1 and No. 2
- See All Visit the Tiergarten Schönbrunn...
- See All Vienna and the Euro 2008
- See All Check out Taborstrasse in Leopoldstadt...
- See All Beware of Handphone Snatchers!
- See All Soft Romances at Museum Quartier
- See All To Tip/Not to Tip? How much? Tough...
- See All Roller Blading in Vienna's Many Parks
- See All Prepare for a Hot, Hot, Hot Summer
- See All Only for the Ladies!
longsanborn's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels