"Arrival" Hauptbahnhof - Main Train Station Tip by iandsmith

View from the breakfast window
by iandsmith

When I eventually attained the correct suburb the darkening sky had not only blotted the remnants of the sun but had commenced unleashing drizzling rain to go with it.
I located an exceedingly helpful bus driver who dropped me off at the right street but had no idea which direction the numbers went. I got lucky, picking the right path.
The misery of uncertainty as you arrive in a town for the first occasion and can?t find your place to stay in miserable weather conditions is never exacerbated by the passing of time.
After nearly four blocks with my luggage in tow I came across the correct numbered building. Hope sprang eternal as I hit the button, with the name I had written down, and crossed my fingers.
Mine host answered quickly. Thank goodness.
As he bade me enter I learnt a few things. Like, this wasn?t where I was staying. Like, he thought I wasn?t coming because I hadn?t contacted him in the last week. Like, I would have to now go all the way back into town.
Like, don?t worry about it, I?ll call you a cab and it will take you straight there.
Shame he didn?t add that I would also have to pay for the cab!
The arrangement worked out well and after entering the restaurant and asking for Joe I was directed to my accommodation just up the road.
Of course, when I got there I had the usual 60 plus stairs to lug my suitcase up but I was glad to have finally arrived.

Address: Bayerstraße 10A, 80335 Munich
Website: http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/service/service-centres/hauptbahnhof-central-station/

• Written Jul 16, 2007

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Have you been to Munich?