Amazing Grace Cafe: "Look at the patio and KEEP WALKING!" Duluth Restaurant Tip by msphdryo18

Duluth Restaurants: 48 reviews and 30 photos

We went on a "busy" Sunday morning, so waiting a while for food would not have been a big deal. However, our waitress was not in a rush, took a cigarette break BEFORE taking our order, and did not seem at all interested in the fact that people were getting up and leaving the patio. I had to go inside to get a refill on coffee & also to track down some cream, as she was unable to remember that part of the order. After our food arrived (which was good, not worth the wait, but tasty), we were on our own for the remainder of the meal. I had to go inside & ask the manager for our bill. He "apologized" for everything taking so long & reinforced the "we were slammed in here today" mindset, but COME ON! By this time, the place was not busy & it was completely unnecessary to have for guests to have to find their server. Total time for breakfast = almost 2 hours. Give me a break! Don't be fooled by the patio tables... the hippie mindset is in full force here. I suspect the only reason this place is still in business is due to it's location & fresh (unsuspecting) tourists that it lures in.

Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 1
Theme: Local

• Written Jul 16, 2007

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.