"Best Hidden Gem" Miniresidenze Ciompi Tip by SJTravel

Miniresidenze Ciompi, Siena: 4 reviews and 0 photos

This was one of the best places I stayed in while I was on vacation in Italy. It is on many hostel websites and is a hostel of sorts (shared toilets and showers) but it also a residence. I think there were some people there who live there/stay for a really long time. There is a shared kitchen, common room, and laundry room. The place is not that big so it is quaint and quiet. They allow you to use their computer for free internet usage at all times. There is a guy who runs the place named Fabio. He is one of the most nicest people I met in all of Italy (and I met a ton of nice Italians). He is vey helpful with everything you may need to know about Italy. I asked him where the closest TI office was and he asked me why I needed it. When I told him, he gave me a little map and then marked a ton of spots he thought I would like to know, grocery stores, good restaurants with authentic food from Siena where lots of locals eat, and he showed me the best way to get to some sights. They don't have 24 hour reception, but Fabio leaves a phone number for emergencies and questions you may have. This place was such a great find and I am so glad I stayed there. I will definitely stay there again when I go back to Siena.

Unique Qualities: Fabio is the greatest thing about this place because he is so nice and helpful. But there are other great and unique things about this place as well. They are located just off Il Campo (close enough to the action but far enough from the noise). Each room has their own little TV and a telephone for local calls (and/or to call the emergency/question cell phone). I am not sure if all the rooms have their own sink, but mine did. If you go to a hostel booking website, it will say that breakfast is not included, but Fabio brought pastries and danishes for everyone to take if they wanted. It was hard to find cheap accomodations in Siena, especially if you are traveling solo, this place was one of the cheapest I found that was in central Siena (you have to take a bus out to some of the others).

Address: Via Del Porrione,91
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Close to Il Campo
Phone: +39 0577 222613
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Other
Website: http://

• Written Jul 16, 2007

“Its not just a daydream if you decide to make it your life....-Train”

Have you been to Siena?