Smorgy's Restaurant: "Disappointing Breakfast at Smorgy's Restaurant" Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (State of) Restaurant Tip by joiwatani

Hawaii (State of) Restaurants: 168 reviews and 115 photos

A bird eyeing my husband's food!
by joiwatani

A bird eyeing my husband's food!
    by joiwatani
      More birds on our breakfast table!
    by joiwatani
      Good location of the Restaurant but bad food!
    by joiwatani

The restaurant is pretty close to Waikiki Beach and a few blocks away from our hotel. The restaurant is located in a very nice location - corner street. The acacia tree is shading the restaurant and there were some tables outside the main building adjacent to a pond. The tree makes the restaurant cool. My first impression was very nice until we started eating. The birds came and started helping themselves with our food! It was disgusting! No matter how I shooed them away, they still kept coming back!!!

The food was actually bad. Everything they served tasted awful. I pretty much forced myself to swallow the food! Even the scrambled eggs were badly cooked!

My husband complained to the manager. I didn't even realize that while I was waiting for him on our table, he was looking for a clean plate! He had to go through six plates before he got a clean one! He said, he even found a spaghetti noodle on one of the plates!

The fruits they were serving were old. The presentation of the food was also unappetizing! They even served canned fruit! Look, this is Hawaii!!! It is very famous for its Dole pineapples and ripe papayas! The restaurant should have availed of their many island fruits. They could have raised their price a little bit but make their food special! And, hello??? Clean up the place!

Favorite Dish: I didn't like anything in this restaurant. I don't recommend it to tourists. I highly recommend that people will report them to the DPH in Hawaii!!!

Address: Honolulu
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: It's a walking distance from Waikiki Beach.
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 1
Theme: Breakfast

• Updated Jul 14, 2007

Comments

joiwatani Used To Live Here!

joiwatani

“Buy yourself and your children the experience of travel”

Have you been to Hawaii (State of)?