"Drive Across the Golden Gate Bridge" Top 5 Page for this destination By Car Tip by Ewingjr98
By Car, San Francisco: 54 reviews and 79 photos
the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the top tourist sights in San Francisco, and driving across the bridge is a great experience. The bridge was completed in 1938 and covers 1.7 miles across the Golden Gate. Some parking is located at either end of the bridge for those who want to walk, but it can be packed when the weather is nice and on weekends.
Tolls are collected southbound only and cost $5 per car; northbound traffic is free! Bicycles are allowed 24/7, but pedestrian traffic is only allowed during daylight hours.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Transportation in San Francisco (10)
More Reviews (96)
- See All Anchor Steam Beer
- See All Old St. Mary's Church and Square
- See All Mission Dolores Park
- See All VT Meet at Calzone's Pizza -- North...
- See All The Mission District
- See All Knuckles Historical Sports Bar -...
- See All Chinatown Shopping -- tea leaves and...
- See All Courtyard By Marriott San Francisco...
- San Francisco Giants
- See All Don't Boo Barry Bonds
- Japanese Tea Garden
Been to San Francisco?Share your travels with the world!
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels