"Welcome to Queenyland !" Top 5 Page for this destination Buckingham Palace Tip by sourbugger
Buckingham Palace, London: 423 reviews and 701 photos
If you really want to spend 15 quid on seeing a few rooms at Buckingham Place during August and September, then be my guest. This money-raising venture (don't be fooled by any of the PR) is now well established. It helps to at least pay for a few odd-jobs around the place.
There is now talk of erecting a couple of grandstands inside the front courtyard and chargeing 10 pounds to watch the changing of the guard. This time-honoured event (described in another tip somewhere) is usually watched by tourists peering through the palace railings. If they do charge, how are they going to stop the freeloaders ? electify the fence ?
This idea has been criticised in some quarters as turning Buck Pal into a theme park. I'm all for it myself. It's the only way as a staunch republican that I will go there. A good rollercoaster in the back garden would be good (perhaps called 'Killer Queen' ?) and a log flume (well, little royal 'Britannia'boats) in the lake. Tacky ?, well as if that as ever bothered the Windsors before.
Address: The Mall, SW1
Directions: Green Park tube
Phone: +44 303 123 7300
More Reviews (218)
- See All Will this work on oxford street ?
- See All Museum of childhood
- See All Get 7 million pounds for free !
- See All WHAT A BARGAIN !!!
- See All Who need's illegal drugs ?
- See All A mark of a civilised society
- See All Can we have our Skylon back please ?
- See All Just do as it says on the door.
- See All Fireman Sam Strikes again
- See All Sourbugger's guide to London's...
- See All Another tirade against the wax works...
- Why am I writing this ? I must be sad or...
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels