"giddy on the Interstate" Top 5 Page for this destination Myrtle Beach Favorite Tip by richiecdisc

Myrtle Beach Favorites: 9 reviews and 3 photos

ducky once the work was done
by richiecdisc

Fondest memory: The days leading up to the trip were hectic. Working in real estate doesn’t lend itself to planning. Whatever you try to plan, your business has a mind of its own so it was not too hard to believe when we found deals forming as we readied ourselves to leave. Luckily with cell phones and laptops, one can stay connected. It might be less than ideal with regard to true freedom but you can at least get on the road when it might otherwise be impossible to. So, our first day didn’t go as we had loosely planned. There would be no 4:00 AM walk up call to ensure a Savannah lunch time stroll as we’d been up the night before negotiating an offer on a house our client had fallen in love with. I secretly worried that the need to work further on it via cell phone while driving the first day would all but ruin our trip but as soon as we got north of West Palm Beach we saw nothing but trees on either side of us. Living in the concrete jungle of South Florida, one forgets just how important all that green is to your soul so despite the need to sporadically work on this long drive, we felt giddy as we sped along the Interstate.

We made it to Savannah albeit four hours later than planned so our lunch turned into a beer at the local brewpub. I put the final touches on the deal I’d been working on all day and saved my client $5000 for my trouble. It was a done deal and though it would have been easy to stay and celebrate, we had friends waiting in Myrtle Beach and a six hour drive ahead of us. We raced back to the car and just managed to avoid getting soaked by a sudden thunder storm. A colleague called as I pulled out to tell us one of our properties had received an offer and offered to handle the negotiations. I happily agreed with zero visibility and a long drive ahead of me. (concluded below in Fondest Memory)

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Jul 4, 2007

Comments

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Myrtle Beach?