"Watch out for moose... part 2!!!" Turku Local Custom Tip by Laura_Mexico

Turku Local Customs: 28 reviews and 27 photos

I love these signs... drive carefully!!
by Laura_Mexico

During my first trip I could only catch a blurry image of one of these signs from a bus with my camera.... I was really hoping to have a picture of me taken beside one of these signs but it was not possible back then, and my friend & host told me that it was a "burnt" picture already (because another friend of ours HAD actually gotten one of her + the sign, taken by him too) so it would not have been original to have that pic of me taken anyway.

BUT.... I never gave up my hope and on my most recent trip I asked him to stop by the roadside while on our way to his seaside cottage and finally take the picture. He took TONS of pics with his camera and mine... and most of them turned out to be so nice!! The environment itself was really nice: we were next to a 2-lane road, very close to the woods and a field with many little flowers, on a very sunny summer day.... just us and nature.... and the sign!!! Too bad I didn't get to see a real moose in person, but I was so glad I got these pictures as a souvenir of my stay in Finland.

Tourists -- especially german, according to a Swedish friend of mine -- have been known to steal these traffic signs and take them back home as a souvenir. I could not believe this but some other friends of mine confirmed it because they saw one at an european friend's house. So funny!!! I only bought a cushion for my couch shaped and embroidered just as one of these signs, and I LOVE IT! It was a nice alternative to the real sign ;) I did not see them in Turku, but you can buy them in Helsinki (FIN) or Stockholm (SWE).

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars