"Beat the 50+20 pesos Environmental & Terminal Fee" Boracay Island Off The Beaten Path Tip by edwinic

Boracay Island Off The Beaten Path: 60 reviews and 99 photos

It seems to me that the entire Boracay manager wish to do is to drain us of our hard-earned money. From environmental fee, to terminal fee down to the snorkeling fee, hundred of thousands of pesos are trickling to their ‘pocket’

Well last May 2007 I run around the island and ended up not paying the environmental and terminal fee, and here’s how;

From Caticlan Port I took a motorized banca to Hambil, Carabao Island. It was a 45 minute ride and cost 60 pesos. I went to Carabao Island for a Nostalgia visit. In the past, I was able to go there from Tablas Island of Romblon.

With the popularity of Boracay, Carabao Island is now very accessible as many of its resident work in Boracay.

I stayed there for a day and the next morning took the same boat that will take some people to Boracay.

It feels good to enter Boracay without the usual hassle of paying the 90 pesos fee – and I keep sneering at the direction of Caticlan port.

• Updated Jul 2, 2007

Comments

edwinic Visits Here Frequently!

edwinic

“Wherever I am, I'm on tour”

Have you been to Boracay Island?