Le Fauchon: "Yummy Foie Gras!!!" Le Fauchon Tip by Sherlyn_Foo

Le Fauchon, Hong Kong: 1 reviews and 0 photos

Located in Hong Kong's SOHO, Restaurant Le Fauchon serves a yummy spread of French cuisine at excellent value. Reservations are strongly recommended, especially on Fridays and Saturdays, otherwise you may leave disappointed.

While I was holidaying in Hong Kong two weeks ago, my friend brought me to this restaurant for dinner on a Friday evening. Dinner set menus are available and you can opt for a 3 or 4-course dinner, depending on your appetite. Having enjoyed a Japanese lunch earlier in the day, I went for the 3-course dinner, which meant that I had 2 options between appetizer, soup and dessert, apart from the main course and coffee.

The ambience of the restaurant caters to a romantic evening, or a cosy tete-a-tete between close friends. Service was prompt and friendly but one of the waitresses required more training, as she kept causing minor incidents with the glassware which caught our attention after awhile. Will I go back again? Definitely! But next time I will skip the ribeye and go for the half-lobster angelhair pasta...

3 cost menu: $178
Add Foie Gras: $60
Add Wine: $60
10% service charge
Average dinner check per person: $300

G/F, 6 Staunton St
SOHO, Central, HK
Tel: 2526 2136

Oh, did I mention that they have 3 other outlets in HK? There is another Brasserie Le Fauchon in SOHO which is located at 45 Elgin Street, while the other 2 are located in Tsimshatsui and Mongkok.

Favorite Dish: A 3-course dinner costs around HK$178 and you will need to top up another HK$60 to enjoy a foie gras appetizer. The panfried foie gras literally melts in your mouth, crispy on the outside and creamy inside. The serving portion was generous and should be enough to satisfy your foie gras craving. I skipped the soup and ordered a medium-well ribeye steak. Unfortunately, as explained by my HK friend after, many western restaurants in HK tend to overcook the steaks. So if you are thinking of a steak done medium-well, try ordering medium instead.

Nevertheless, the ribeye steak was bigger than I expected, so I had to forgo 1/3 of the steak and the sides dishes in order to enjoy the final course - blueberry souffle. Light and fluffy, the souffle was not too sweet and portion was just right for 1 person to finish the dinner, washed down with a nice cup of freshly brewed coffee.

Address: No.6, Staunton Street, Soho, Central
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: 2526 2136
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 4
Theme: French

• Written Jun 27, 2007

“Live life to the fullest by travelling to every corner of the world...”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Hong Kong?