"Up on Gorodetsky St: Kyiv Modern" Top 5 Page for this destination Gorodetsky Street Tip by om_212
Gorodetsky Street, Kiev: 4 reviews and 17 photos
one of the finest examples of Modern. the house has a "horse-shoe" entrance, two "sad" eyes. the very top of the house is decorated by Bacchus head and swamp foliage (and now even real trees). it also has nicely forged balconies.
the house also has two "confusing" dates on the facade - 1886 and 1948. the first refers to the date when the Mering's estate was sold; the second - to the last restoration date. pretty obvious, the building needs another one. though I think the building is still very appealing.
Address: 15, Gorodetsky St.
More Things to Do in Kiev (31)
More Reviews (38)
- See All Smoking Ban in Ukraine's public places
- See All from Kyiv to Ivano-Frankivsk by train
- See All Ukrainian Train Hospitality
- See All Luggage thieves in Boryspil Airport
- See All Good Books on/about Ukraine
om_212's Related Pages
Have you been to Kiev?Share Your Travels