Vaticanvista B&B: "A great stay with a view!" Rome Hotel Tip by apriljack

Rome Hotels: 1,230 reviews and 1,226 photos

The view from our bedroom window
by apriljack

My husband and two kids rented the whole apartment. The windows of both rooms overlooked the dome of St. Peter's square and the windows of the Pope's quarters. The facilities were very clean, the owner greeted us very warmly and had all the information we needed to sightsee the city and a nice tourist map for each of us. The kitchen had a wonderful coffee machine and the fridge was full of Italian delights. The kids were starving upon our arrival and it was a treat to have a quick snack. The owner was extremely nice and went out of her way to help us with all our needs. The breakfast was very nice, served on our dining set in our room. There was even a high chair for my toddler. There were toys and DVD cartoons from the owner's grandchildren that she put at our total disposal. YES, I would definitely recommend this b&b.

Unique Qualities: The views from the very bright windows were amazing. The bathroom was large, with a nice boxed shower and washing machine. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything. The owner let me use it an evening we stayed in because my youngest had fallen asleep, giving me indications on how to make an authentic 'amatricana' (a typical Roman pasta dish).
The location is great for visitng the mounuments, shopping and public transportation. We had a very nice dinner at a restaurant a couple of streets from the b&b called 'Toscano' that was really good.

Address: Piazza del Risorgimento, 36
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Vatican City - St. Peter's Square - Castle St. Angelo - Prati District.
Price: US$40-80