"Not perfect, but better than most" Woodstock Hostel Tip by iwannabeapirate

Woodstock Hostel, Paris: 261 reviews and 2 photos

This was the first place I stayed on my first solo trip and I made sure I went back as the last place on my most recent trip. It's not perfect, but to be honest you're not going to find a perfect hostel in Paris; they all have things like lockouts, curfews, charging for linen... I don't know why these things seem to exist in Paris but nowhere else. But it is a good hostel, and I'd definitely recommend staying here.

Unique Qualities: Nice bar area, small courtyard for smokers, a cat, beds are pretty comfortable...It's in a really nice area, close to the Sacre Couer. And there's half a VW Beetle in the bar. They play the Doors when they put you on hold on the telephone (it's THAT kind of place); I get the feeling they'd like to make it a lot more relaxed rule-wise but that doesn't seem to be allowed in Paris. The staff do vary though, between extremely friendly and helpful and downright rude. Linen costs extra, which is a pain.

Address: Rue Rodier, Montmartre
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Nearest Metro is Anvers, cross the park/square, down the hill a bit.
Phone: +33 1 48 78 87 76