"The huge sizes of the Temple" Top 5 Page for this destination Al Karnak Tourist Trap Tip by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Al Karnak Tourist Traps: 3 reviews and 11 photos

The plan of the Temple

The plan of the Temple
      Unexplored area of the Temple
      Unexplored area of the Temple
      Karnak 1838 - David Roberts drawing
    by Kuznetsov_Sergey

Frankly speaking I didn’t go further than the Festival Hall of Tuthmosis III and didn’t see the Amun Suite, the Botanical Chamber, the Temple of the Hearing Ear, the Sanctuary of Alexander.

I should say even more. I’ve seen only small part of the Temple. I haven’t seen the Opet Temple, the Temple of Khonsu, the Festival Temple of Amenhotep II, the Osrian Temple of Taharga, the Temple of Osisris Hek-Djet, the Temple of Ptah etc… But the most of tourists didn’t see them as well. This obstacle in my opinion excuses me partly.

The huge Temple represents the main tourist trap in Karnak. If you have only several hours at your disposal you should know that you will see only a part of the Temple. If you want to see and admire the whole Temple you should plan several days!

At the pic you may see the plan of the Temple. I marked with green color the area of the Temple which I managed to see...

4th pic - Karnak 1838 - David Roberts drawing

• Updated Jun 21, 2007

Comments

Kuznetsov_Sergey

“Where there's a will, there's a way”

Have you been to Al Karnak?