"Riverside Park" Bellevue Things to Do Tip by deecat
Bellevue Things to Do: 1 reviews and 5 photos
What sets Bellevue apart from some other small Iowa towns is the fact that it is located along the Mississippi River. The community has done a fine job taking advantage of that fact.
They have created a River Park and walkway that is not only beautiful but a delight to enjoy, especially on a warm day in May. The park has antique fixtures, old street lights, many convenient benches, a war memorial, and two beautiful lion statues.
1. Jill stating beside the beautiful Lions in the Riverfront Park that we enjoyed visiting.
2. A Memorial dedicated to the armed forces of our county that was done by the American Legion.
3. Upclose to see one of the quotes which reads, "Day is done, gone the sun. From the lake, from the hill, from the sky, all is well. Safely rest, God is nigh".
4. The much-needed shade trees which add beauty to the park.
5. Bellevue's Lock and Dam #12. We saw a huge tug boat & barge pass through the locks.
This is such an asset for this small town.
Address: Riverside Drive, Bellevue, Iowa
More Reviews (9)
- See All Chamber of Commerce
- Watch the Tug Boats and Barges
- Bellevue State Park/Bellevue Butterfly...