Waterford Arms: "Lunch in Seaford Sluice" Top 5 Page for this destination Restaurants outside the city Tip by toonsarah

Postcard from the Waterford Arms
by toonsarah

If you follow my "Off the beaten path" tip and head to Seaton Sluice for some bracing sea air, you could do worse than finish up here for a refreshing pint and a spot of lunch. It's a traditional pub very close to the sea and with a typical pub menu in which the locally caught fresh fish takes top billing! There are also good value roasts on a Sunday, though I find these less to my taste - the Waterford Arms, like many of the more old-fashioned pubs I've eaten in, tends in my view to over-cook the vegetables, resulting in a fairly tastleless experience. So I recommend you stick to bar snacks or the excellent fish and chips - and after all, what could be more appropriate in this location?

The pub also has some B&B rooms but I've never had any reason to stay here so can't comment on these.

Address: Collywell Bay Road, Seaton Sluice, NE26 4QZ
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Approaching Seaton Sluice from the south, follow the coast road when it splits right from the main road. You'll see the Waterford Arms on the left opposite the small harbour.
Phone: 0191 237 0450
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3

• Updated Jun 18, 2007

toonsarah Visits Here Frequently!

“I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust (Joni Mitchell, "Amelia")”

Have you been to Newcastle upon Tyne?