"See my general comments about..." Restaurant Guide Tip by PeterFusco

Restaurant Guide, Sydney: 22 reviews and 8 photos

See my general comments about that.

I was fortunate enough to stay at someone's house where I had the run of the kitchen. Coming from a long line of Italian cooks of great renown (my father and grandfather), ahem, ahem...I whipped up several notable meals for my hostess and a couple of her friends.

Food shopping was a very interesting part of my trip. Instead of a U.S. super center where they do everything from make bagels to serving Shushi, this was like an old warehouse. It was filled with fresh produce and meats, but the variety of canned goods and cereals and that kind of thing...forget about it!

The meat is very lean, too lean in fact. The chicken was great, nice, fresh smelling. Thank heaven the pasta was actually pretty good. Amazingly, or maybe not so amazingly, most of the standard stuff on the shelf was American in a different package going under a strange name. You know, Orabangi Wheat Flakes or something like that and then the fine print, 'from Kellog of Battle Creek, Michigan'. Makes you proud and disappointed all at the same time.

I made chicken cutlets Italian style with pasta and sauce from my family's recipe plus a huge salad with Italian dressing the way we always made it, bread, wine...it was a real feast. The girls, a couple of 'em fairly hefty babes, went wild. They had never tasted anything like it. I could have gotten reallly lucky, but preferred to keep my distance as being suffocated in a lust fest was not my idea of a good time in Australia.
The Thai restaurant I did attend had the unique quality of the slowest service in the world. It gave me a chance to get drunk and to start feeling up my hostess' leg at the dinner table.

Favorite Dish: Had I partaken I am sure I would say, 'Thai Sticks.' But when my hostess' son offered them to me and said I had to smoke them, I figured, 'Hey, this isn't food!' He imbibed and apparently required no sustenance at all for several days afterwards. Were they food, the Thai Sticks would certainly have to go down as a great item on any menu, no?

Address: I don't remember.
Rating: 0
Theme: Other

• Written Aug 24, 2002

“Mothers, don`t let your sons grow up to be writers.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.