"Golden State Theater" Top 5 Page for this destination Monterey Favorite Tip by Ewingjr98
Monterey General: 67 reviews and 161 photos
Favorite thing: The Golden State Theater, when it opened in 1926, was the largest theater between San Francisco and Los Angeles. After major changes and remodeling over the years, the theater was in decline in the 70s and 80s. In the 1990s, restoration began with the installation of a new pipe organ and repainting of the interior, followed by all new flooring and seating. Today the Golden State Theater shows a variety of older movies along with concerts--in 2007 they've hosted Kenny Rogers, KD Lang, and even Lily Tomlin.
The Golden State Theater is located downtown on Alvarado St.
More Reviews (223)
- See All Siamese Bay Thai (Webster Street) - Old...
- See All East Village Cafe (Washington St) - Old...
- See All Cherry's Jubilee
- See All Haunted Monterey
- See All El Estero Park
- See All Old Monterey Railroad Station
- See All Used books and records in New Monterey
- See All Dirt Track Racing at Watsonville's Ocean...
- See All InterContinental The Clement - Cannery...
- See All Storms and big waves
- See All The Monterey Bay Aquarium on Summer...
- Monterey Weather
Ewingjr98's Related Pages
Have you been to Monterey?Share Your Travels