"Rue des Bouchers" Brussels Tourist Trap Tip by little_liebchen

Brussels Tourist Traps: 113 reviews and 85 photos

This street is nothing but restaurants (it's off the Rue Marche aux Herbes). They all serve the same food - 4 course meal for a set price (they start at 18 euros and then as you move further down the street, the price is less). A waiter at every restaurant will come out and try to talk you into eating there.

Unique Suggestions: My aunt finally told one of the waiters that we would eat at his restaurant for 10 euros (2 euros off the price of the set menu). He agreed, but only if we ate inside. While my 3 travel companions enjoyed their meals immensely (except for the dessert...we got creme brulee), I got the lamb chops, and they weren't good.

Our menu included: before dinner drink (wine with blackcurrant), appetizer (I had smoked salmon), main course, dessert.

Fun Alternatives: I would suggest eating somewhere outside the Grand Place and the Rue des Bouchers...those are both very touristy, but at least you'll get a cheaper meal at Rue des Bouchers. Go to some areas that are a little quieter and less crowded, and you're likely to eat better for less.

• Written Jun 13, 2007

Comments

little_liebchen

“Watching, wondering and wandering”

Have you been to Brussels?