Pelicanos: "Dining seaside Caribbean style" Royal Hotel Tip by keida84

Fruit compote
      Eggs Pelicanos style
      View from Pelicanos
    by keida84

Pelicanos is a hopping place at the Royal in Cancun. During the day it serves as a pool side swim up bar and restaurant. At night, the ambiance changes into a candle lit, romantic eatery where shirt, long pants and closed toed shoes are a must. We enjoyed our breakfast here on the last day we were in Cancun. Seated outside on a sunny morning so close to the sea was relaxing and enjoyable.

The service was excellent and the food divine. Again, a part of our all inclusive package it was weird not paying a bill. We did again "tip up" just a dollar or two which goes a long way for the workers who live in Cancun or just outside.

Favorite Dish: I was not too hungry so I ordered a fruit compote with yogurt and assorted Mexican breads, Paul on the other hand, enjoyed a scrambled egg dish with ham and cheese along with some fresh mango juice and coffee. I had a bite of his breakfast...well it turned out I was hungrier than I thought so I ate all his potatoes and a few bites of the eggs. All so delicious, really we were hard pressed to find a bad meal anywhere in this hotel.

Address: The Royal In Cancun
Phone: +52 998 881 0100
Rating: 5
Theme: Other

• Written Jun 12, 2007

“Travel far and wide, travel close and excuses anymore,,,just do it and be happy.”

Have you been to Cancún?